How we do business
UNDP procurement is based on the principles of:
- Best Value for Money
- Fairness, Integrity and Transparency
- Effective International Competition
- Interest of UNDP (economy, efficiency, equal opportunity to compete, transparency in the procurement process)
UNDP Procurement is governed by an Internal Control Framework as well as the norms contained in the Financial Disclosure and Declaration of Interest, and Impartiality Statements (FDP). In order to provide a faster procurement process and delivery of goods and/or services, UNDP observes the local and international market, negotiates and maintains local Long Term Agreements (LTA) for goods and services that are frequently used by Business Units and development partners.
The UNDP China Procurement Unit in Beijing aims to providing quality service and effective delivery. Apart from locally negotiated contracts and long term agreements, the Country Office has access to contracts that have been signed at the corporate level trough the headquarters located in New York and Copenhagen.
The types of solicitation practiced by UNDP are as follows:
Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Written communication by a supplier to provide information about its products, resources, qualifications and experience, in response to a particular EOI
Request for Quotation (RFQ)
- Less formal solicitation, value below US$ 100,000, standard specifications, product readily available on the market
Invitation to Bid (ITB)
- Formal solicitation, mainly for goods, value above US$ 100,000, lowest price compliancy and technical competency determining factors
Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Formal solicitation, mainly for services, value above US$ 100,000, requirements possibly met in various ways, overall best solution will win the contract, not necessarily lowest price
As part of its commitment to the environment and sustainable management of natural resources, UNDP actively promotes and implements Green procurement by requiring its staff to conduct all activities, including contracting with other entities, in a resource-efficient manner. UNDP's Green procurement policy is based on the following four "R" strategies:
- Re-thinking the requirements to reduce environmental impact;
- Reduce materials consumption;
- Recycle materials/waste; and
- Reduce energy consumption
UNDP is therefore selective in its choice of products, processes and services, taking into consideration the effects of energy consumption, toxicity, ozone depletions, radiations, and the use of recycled materials.
Supplying the UN
Interested suppliers are invited to visit the following UNDP and UN websites frequently for procurement guidelines, information and notices:
UNDP Website: http://www.undp.org/
UN Global Market: http://www.ungm.org/
UNDP Policy against Fraud and other Corrupt Practices
More on UNDP Procurement procedures
The eTendering module is designed to facilitate the UNDP Tender process through online interaction. The system aims to enhance the integrity and transparency of the tender process and also enables the streamlining of the procurement process: Bidders can use eTendering to submit their bids, view solicitation documents and receive automatic notifications from the system whenever an event has been modified.
For more information, please visit:
UNDP China is aware of websites managed by commercial entities that claim to be associated with the United Nations and/or its Agencies, abusing the UN logo and emblem. When in doubt, kindly contact directly the UNDP China office.
1. ETH2941- Supply and Install Solar PV Systems - UNDP Country Office - ETHIOPIA
Deadline: 26-Nov-21 @ 10:00 AM (New York time)
2. ITB-TKM-002-2021 On selection of a supplier for procurement, delivery, installation and commissioning of cardboard and printing equipment at the cardboard and printing workshop of the Training and Production Enterprise (TPE) No. 1 - UNDP Country Office - TURKMENISTAN
Deadline: 08-Dec-21 @ 06:00 AM (New York time)
3. RFQ-TSSE-2021-72 - Request for Quotation - Procurement of Solar Powered Equipment - UNDP Country Office - SRI LANKA
Deadline: 10-Dec-21 @ 03:30 AM (New York time)
4. ETH10 - ETH2972 - Biogas Project for UNDP Ethiopia - UNDP Country Office - ETHIOPIA
Deadline: 25-Dec-21 @ 04:56 AM (New York time)