UNDP China Private Sector Advisory Board
What is the Private Sector Advisory Board?
UNDP has formed a Private Sector Advisory Board with a group of high-level influential private sector organizations in China who can provide insights and mobilize networks to assist and promote UNDP China's work in sustainable development.
On September 25th, 2015 the United Nations 193 member states committed to ending extreme poverty, fighting inequality and injustice, and fixing climate change. The world pledged to 17 new Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which outline the UN, and UNDP’s key objectives over the next 15 years.
Achieving the SDGs will require collective action, and cooperation across stakeholders. Within this context, UNDP launched its Private Sector Advisory Board in China.
The Private Sector Advisory Board will meet at least once a year to discuss key issues concerning sustainable development. Board members will serve to provide insights and share expertise with UNDP China on the different aspects of sustainable development by drawing from their experiences in their respective industries, through which they will support promoting UNDP China’s work and mandate.
- To strengthen UNDP’s engagement with leading players in a key sector – private sector.
- To gain strategic support and technical know-how to advance UNDP’s work and objectives, as well as some of the members priorities, and create a platform for private sector where they can contribute their technical expertise for advancing development work, ideally going beyond CSR.
- To jointly promote sustainable development and business engagement through innovative communication campaigns.
- Mme. Dong Mingzhu, Chairperson & CEO, Gree Electric
- Mr. Zhang Yaqin, President, Baidu
- Mr. Gao Jifan, Chairperson & CEO, Trina Solar Ltd
- Mme. Wang Xiaoyan, Senior Vice President, Lenovo
- Mr. Wang Chuanfu, Founder, Chairperson & CEO, BYD
- Mr. Pan Gang, President, Yili Group
- Mr. Liu Richard, Founder, JD.com
- Mr. Wang Wenbiao, President, Elion Resources Group
- Mr. Alan Li, CEO, Panda Green Energy Group