- Nicholas Rosellini: Sino-European Entrepreneurs Summit Beijing Forum Nov 21, 2017
Promoting Sustainable Transportation for a Clean Future
Nov 16, 2017
The Second International Fuel Cell Vehicle Congress (FCVC) was held this week in Rugao, promoting clean-energy based technical solutions and collaboration between fuel cell makers and automakers, to mitigate climate change and progress towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Nicholas Rosellini: “China’s 2nd Opening Up and Development Forum” Nov 11, 2017
- Nicholas Rosellini: 2017 World Cities Day Global Observance, Keynote Speech Oct 31, 2017
- Nicholas Rosellini: Sub Forum on Mainstreaming the Sustainable Development Goals in China’s Urbanization Process, Welcoming Remarks Oct 30, 2017
- Nicholas Rosellini: United Nations Day 2017, Welcoming Remarks Oct 24, 2017
Beyond 2020: Discussing Universal Basic Income as a Potential Poverty Alleviation Policy Option for China
Oct 19, 2017
A roundtable discussion on Universal Basic Income (UBI) was recently hosted by the United Nations Development Programme in China (UNDP China) in Beijing. The roundtable brought together more than 45 representatives from academia, United Nations agencies, government, embassies and civil society to exchange viewpoints and share ideas on the concept of UBI and its potential in China
10 years later: Remembering the Wenchuan Earthquake
Oct 17, 2017
On 12th of May in 2008, the Wenchuan Earthquake struck Sichuan province in China, leading to the deaths of more than 69,000 people and affecting the lives of over 40 million. The earthquake destroyed peoples’ homes and livelihoods, separating families and leaving behind untold levels of poverty in areas where many were already struggling.
Chinese Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM) provides funds for hurricane Maria and Irma relief efforts in the Caribbean
Oct 13, 2017
In response to the recent catastrophic effects of hurricane Maria and Irma in the Caribbean, the Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM) of the People’s Republic of China has provided funds totaling US$5 million to UNDP to assist in post disaster restoration assistance.
- Nicholas Rosellini: The North-North East Asian Multi-stakeholder Forum on SDGs Oct 10, 2017