Think ‘Green’: UNDP China dedicates first animated video to change-makers
“What do you think of when you see the colour green?”
Introspection is more than simply leaping over to greener pastures. With the world building and expanding, witnessing rapid demographic shifts, and changing the climate like never before, sustainability – how to build a future that is green, clean, and resilient – is both the theming question and ultimate solution.
In an effort to further explore the path of sustainability, UNDP China has unveiled its first-ever animated Public-Service Advertisement (PSA), ‘Green,’ which focuses on the concept and daily application of green consumption.
Green consumption is a multifaceted topic but focuses mainly on individual-driven environmental awareness and protection through eco-conscious lifestyle choices.
With ‘Green,’ UNDP China hopes you, the world’s change-makers, can maximize personal impact on our shared planet in the best way.
Here’s how you can work with us:
- Follow us on Weibo (@undpchina) and WeChat (ID: undpchina) to join the ‘Green’ campaign
- Repost our entry on Weibo and share the PSA link on WeChat with your friends to help spread the word
- Be sure to share with us what you think of when you see the colour green
- Check out the embedded videos on the right to hear what these UN leaders and top celebrities have to say on green: UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon; UNDP Administrator Helen Clark; Chairman of the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Rajendra K. Pachauri; UNDP National Goodwill Ambassador Zhou Xun; and honorary UN Messenger for World Environment Day and chairman of Internet giant Baidu Robin Li.
With your help, we hope to create a global discussion on how to rebuild our planet thoughtfully, without excess waste and greener than ever before. Join UNDP, and let’s go ‘Green.’
- 24 Aug 2016:Community Culture and Art Festival at Liangheyuan Nature Reserve
- 22 Aug 2016:Social Innovation is the Driving Force for Inclusive Human Development- China National Human Development Report 2016
- 22 Aug 2016:Opening Speech at the Launch of 2016 China National Human Development Report