Request for Quotation (RFQ) for Provision of Translation and Interpretation Services
Subject: Request for Quotation (RFQ) for Provision of Translation and Interpretation Services from Chinese to English and vice versa.
Translation and Interpretation Services under Long Term Agreement (LTA) Modality
1. The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) is seeking quotation(s) for the procurement of Translation and Interpretation Services from Chinese to English and vice cersa as described in the Annex I to this request for quotation.
2. In order to prepare a responsive quotation, you must carefully review, and understand the contents of the following documents:
a. This Invitation letter and Quotation Instruction Sheet (QIS)
b. Terms of Reference (TOR) (Annex 1)
c. Quotation Submission Form and Quotation Format (Annex 2)
d. UN Women General Conditions of Contract (Annex 3)
e. Voluntary Agreement (Annex 4)
3. Quotations submitted by email must be limited to a maximum of 2 MB, virus-free or corrupted contents to avoid rejection, and no more than 2 email transmissions.
4. A contract may be awarded to the supplier having submitted a quotation representing the best value for money, i.e. lowest-priced technically-compliant of the proposed offers.
5. The following aspects will be considered for the evaluation;
i. Suitability of the approach and methodology including firm’s capacity to undertake the services.
ii. Qualifications and experience of proposed staff/personnel.
6. It is UN Women’s intention to issue the contract as presented herein the RFQ documents. Therefore, offerors should ensure any due diligence regarding the legal review and ability to be compliant to all contract terms and conditions is undertaken prior to the submission of your quotation. Submission of a quotation will be confirmation of accepting UN Women contract included herein.
7. In the case two (2) quotations are evaluated and found to be the same ranking in terms of technical qualification and price, UN Women will award contract to the company that is either women-owned or has a majority women employed. This is in support of UN Women’s core mandate. In the case that both companies are women-owned or have a majority women employed, UN Women will request best and final offer from both suppliers and shall make a final comparison of the competing suppliers.
8. UN Women reserves the right to accept or reject any quotation, and to cancel the process and reject all quotations at any time prior to the award of contract without thereby incurring any liability to the suppliers or any obligation to inform the suppliers of the grounds for such action.
9. At any time prior to the deadline for the submission of quotations, UN Women may, for any reason, whether at its own initiative or in response to a clarification requested by a supplier, modify the RFQ by way of a written amendment. All suppliers that have received the RFQ shall be notified in writing of any such amendments. In order to offer suppliers reasonable time to take any such amendments into account in preparing their quotations, UN Women may, at its discretion, extend the deadline for the submission.
10. The Quotation Instruction Sheet (QIS) below provides the requisite information for the supplier as guide to respond to this request.