UNDP China Private Sector Advisory Board & Young Professionals Leadership Programme
What is the Private Sector Advisory Board?
UNDP has formed a Private Sector Advisory Board with a group of high-level influential private sector organizations in China who can provide insights and mobilize networks to assist and promote UNDP China's work in sustainable development and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Achieving the SDGs will require collective action, and cooperation across stakeholders. Within this context, UNDP launched its Private Sector Advisory Board in China. The Private Sector Advisory Board will meet at least once a year to discuss key issues concerning sustainable development. Board members will serve to provide insights and share expertise with UNDP China on the different aspects of sustainable development by drawing from their experiences in their respective industries, through which they will support promoting UNDP China’s work and mandate.
- To strengthen UNDP’s engagement with leading players in a key sector – private sector.
- To gain strategic support and technical know-how to advance UNDP’s work and objectives, as well as some of the members priorities, and create a platform for private sector where they can contribute their technical expertise for advancing development work, ideally going beyond CSR.
- To jointly promote sustainable development and business engagement through innovative communication campaigns.
Founding Board Members
- Mme. Dong Mingzhu, Chairperson & CEO, Gree Electric
- Mr. Gao Jifan, Chairperson & CEO, Trina Solar Ltd
- Mr. Liu Richard, Founder, JD.com
- Mr. Pan Gang, President, Yili Group
- Mme. Wang Xiaoyan, Senior Vice President, Lenovo
- Mr. Zhang Yaqin, President, Baidu
What is the Young Professionals Leadership Programme?
In addition to the Advisory Board UNDP have developed a Private Sector ‘Young Professional Programme’, in which the Board Members have identified exceptional young professionals within their organizations to represent them at UNDP working level Private Sector Board meetings. The young professional board brings insight and strategies on behalf of the organization on how the private sector can contribute to sustainable development. The Young Professional working level meetings provide a platform to apply thought leadership and effective advocacy to generate constructive solutions and take shared action to galvanize the Chinese business community to create a sustainable future.
For more information about UNDP China and its collaboration with private partners, please also see Private Sector Advisory Board page.